Topic: The holidays are here again
Yes, holidays can be difficult. Gatherings can include too much drinking or using drugs. We have talked about this before. It's important to discuss this again and again.
1. Value your health and don't get involved with drinking and drugging.
2. Plan where you can go if things get out of hand at home. A good friend? A relative?
3. If you leave the house leave a note in your room preferably taped to a wall so that it can't blow away where you are staying.
4. If you are at home and things are out of hand at home don't be afraid to phone 911.
5. Holidays are a good time to attend AA, Al-Anon, Alateen. You are a young adult so if there is no Alateen near you go to Al-Anon or AA.
6. If you don't have Wi Fi at home go to the library and sign in on one of their computers and touch base with Alateen, In The Rooms and some of the other organizations we have mentioned.
7.Plan some fun activities for yourself. Do it through your church, athletic leagues, - make sure you belong to a caring group.